[C320-list] Chartering in the Carribean

SYC sail at sweetwater-charters.net
Wed Mar 12 06:42:54 PDT 2008

I also recommend Drake's anchorage in the North Sound (probably my favorite
area). We've also anchored near Saba Rock (off Prickly Pear I think) and
that was fun, you can easily take the dinghy over to Saba Rock for the
evening. Don't forget to leave at least some lights on your boat (mast light
etc.) so you can find it again in the dark - all of those anchored boats
look very much alike in the dark, especially if you have a few Pain Killers
in you...

Note that the Baths are always very busy; I suggest going there early in the
morning before the cruise ships get in.

If you can go to Anegada I recommend it, especially Loblolly Bay. You have
to take a "taxi" (i.e. truck) to get over there but the beach and snorkeling
are spectacular, and the lobster is excellent. The entrance to Anegada is
difficult and you usually need to anchor (not many mooring balls) but I love
it there. Completely different than the other islands (it is a coral island,
very flat). The people at the Reef Hotel (where the anchorage is) are very
nice too.

Here is a website with a lot of good comments on sailing the BVI
http://catamaransailing.com/Caribbean/bvinotes.htm

Time to start planning another trip, I think.

Joan
#90 Persistence