[C320-list] Charger Inverter suggestions

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Thu Mar 20 03:44:32 PDT 2008

I've toyed with the inverter idea, but haven't done it (yet?)  But
some things to keep in mind - note that a 2000 watt inverter will draw
something over 200 amps from the battery at peak load.  So:

- The inverter should be located as close to the batteries as is
reasonable
- You'll want some honkin-big cables from the battery to the inverter
( 2/0? 3/0?)
- Even with the engine running (I'm guessing the stock alternator is
around 50 A) you'll be sucking the batteries down quickly

Installed correctly, an inverter can handle large loads for brief
intervals, or small loads for a more extended period, but not large-
and-long.

That means