[C320-list] Charger Inverter suggestions

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Thu Mar 20 05:32:29 PDT 2008

I put a cheap modified sine wave inverter on my boat and the micro
takes forever but the coffee pot works fine. I just don't run it for
very long and don't run the motor at the same time and have not had a
problem with the stock alternator but we just day sail with only an
overnighter once in awhile

Pat #130

At 10:13 PM 3/19/2008, you wrote:
>I was reading with interest the posts last month about replacing the
>onboard chargers. Mine needs to be replaced, and I would like to go
>with an inverter charger unit to gain the AC feature while underway.
>Our BVI Charter boat had an inverter, and we usually ran the engine
>while we made breakfast, using the toaster and microwave.  Any
>suggestions as to Models and brands?  True Sine wave vs. Modified
>Sine wave, and would my stock alternator need to be replaced on my
>1995 Perkins? The boat is 500 miles away, so I am not sure of it's
>capacity.   I know I need to calculate my loads, but I am confident
>that the 2000 watt size should be enough.
>

>Thanks,
>Gary Magnuson
>Time-A-Weigh  # 205

Pat Moriarty