[C320-list] Auto pilot Rudder Sensor

Allan S. Field allan.field at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 17:10:45 PDT 2008

Joe -I am assuming you are installing the S-1 autopilot.  If so, the pilot
will not work without the rudder sensor (or at least I could not get it to
work).  But if you wait a bit longer, Raymarine is introducing the
SmartPilot X-Series, scheduled for release in 2Q 2008.  I don't know
anything more about this new series, such as price, but it might be worth
waiting for.

My sensor was installed on the shelf in the starboard side aft locker.  I
then built a box out of starboard around three sides of the sensor to
protect it from getting banged around or bent with stuff on that shelf.  I
must admit that I could not figure out the geometry of the sensor and
finally hired it out.  While upset that I lost a corner of that shelf, it
turned out to be an excellent install.

Hope this helps.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808