[C320-list] flat screen LCD

Fri Mar 28 19:25:22 PDT 2008

Or the antique dinosaur watching the old tv...  :)
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Jeff Hare" [catalina at thehares.com]
Sent: 03/28/2008 07:20 PM
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] flat screen LCD

Technology evolves so fast... Coming from the high speed PC design analysis
business, most PC-Boards made for these sorts of consumer products have a
conformal coating over them just to prevent copper corrosion and protect the
traces from the air, but don't have all the soldered terminal connections
coated.  Some companies require specialty coatings over everything after
assembly as Chris mentioned.

My guess here is that by the time you start having problems because of salt
air, your grand-kids will be laughing at that antique dinosaur of a TV
you're sporting on your boat.

-Jeff