[C320-list] ST4000 rudder sensor

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 19:58:22 PDT 2008

Darrell

You are correct on all counts. This has been much discussed and a C320 needs
a rudder sensor to prevent the crazy ivans. You can build a simple mount for
the transducer with a 1" by 1/8 aluminum bar stock piece 8" in length and a
trimmed piece of 2024 T3 aluminum sheet with a 90 degree bend in it to
parallel the rudder bellcrank. It will mount on the starboard side on the
shelf support left front looking forward. Some folks use wood but the
aluminum has some give in it if you don't get the mounting geometery just
right. Once you install the transducer you will have to reboot the autopilot
by going in to the set up mode and change from wheel to tiller and back and
the brain will see the transducer. There are several comments on the 320
website on this subject and the reference unit did not come on these
installs with my S.N. let alone yours. I will take some pictures and try to
figure out how to post them.

Monte
Laima #620