[C320-list] No Backlight on Gauges

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 19:34:28 PDT 2008

To all,

On the autopilot subject and the rudder reference unit. As for those with a
wandering helm on auto with or without the rru, loose helm cables will
induce autopilot hunt. If you have a significant amount of cable stretch and
slack in the helm, the autopilot, particularly without an rru, computes
servo run time to figure out the rudder location and does not recognize
cable slack in the computation. If you have an rru, the servo consumes more
power trying to obtain a rudder setting with slack cables. They should be
taught but not e-string tight and should be tensioned every couple of years.

Monte
Laima #620