[C320-list] Coolant leak

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon May 19 06:01:48 PDT 2008

Bob-I have a 2002 C320 and a very slight leak developed a few years ago at
the same fitting.  I just removed the fitting and wrapped the threads with
teflon tape and put it back on and the leak stopped.  Do this when the
engine is cold, remove the radiator cap to eliminate any pressure in the
system, have someone put their finger over the hole on the engine block and
raise the hose to the hot water heater after you remove the fitting.  This
will almost eliminate any coolant leakage during the repair.  I did this and
it was a 5 minute job with about a tablespoon of coolant deposited on the
paper towels place below the fitting.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894