[C320-list] Dock Lines

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:45:31 PDT 2008

5/8" nylon double braid is a good choice for our C-320's. Three strand is
cheaper initially and is adequate in 5/8", but must be replaced after every
major storm. The stretching caused by the boat surging in a heavy storm
generates substantial heat that breaks down the fibers internally. This
degredation usually can't be detected in a routine inspection, so the lines
should be replaced regularly. Ultimately, the double braid is cheaper
because its construction dissapates the heat more effectively and does not
degrade as much. It is also much easier to handle.

I do not have the numbers saved, but did do the research when I bought the
boat.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC