[C320-list] Genoa Mid Ship Track Cleat

Dennis Harris dharris02 at embarqmail.com
Wed May 21 16:44:29 PDT 2008

Of course each of us does it in his own way for his particular situation,
but if I understand it, you are just laying the loop over the horns of the
cleat and not passing the line through the cleat.  If that is correct, take
care....I've seen such eye splice loops come off the cleats when the boat
motion and angle of pull on the line is a certain way.  Passing the line
through the center opening in the cleat and then around the horns of the
cleat results in a situation where it is almost impossible for the line to
come off the cleat.  It's easy to do it this way and you can be sure it
won't come loose.

Generally, I have nothing against Garhauer and the Scheafer cleats are
really high priced.  In this case, I have Scheafer cleats and would buy them
again for my situation.

Dennis Harris C # 694