[C320-list] Target Coatings

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Thu May 22 06:41:25 PDT 2008

Hi Herb,

They are at www.targetcoatings.com

As you'll see, there is an area for technical info, a shopping area,
and a forum and a blog, hosted by their guru, Jeff Weiss. I actually
just spoke with him yesterday, I'm tackling in the project as well.

Here's what I bought to do my sole and sidewalls:

Oxford HYbriVar WB-Alkyd Varnish: Satin 1 Gallon

It's water based. It's on its way to me, I hope to test it in the
next week or two. They also have semi-gloss & high gloss.

His instructions were to lightly sand, no higher than 220 grit (my
sole is pretty beat up - previous owner!), wipe down with a damp
cloth (water, no chemicals like a tack cloth), and apply. You can
brush or spray. I'll brush.

I have an older boat with a holly sole with teak accents (vs. teak
with holly accents). he says it may yellow my holly, but I think it
already is.

Good luck!

David Nolte
Beach House #4