[C320-list] New Engine Mounts

Mike Shoffner drshoffner at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 06:24:06 PDT 2008

Don,

My engine only has about 325 hours.  The major factor, however, may just be the years of pressure on the rubber of the mounts accompanied by the natural break down in the rubber over time.  Whatever the cause, the result was impressive.   The engine noise on my boat had always been a bother to me, and I had added sound insulation which had helped some, but the new mounts helped at least as much as the insulation.  I had also set my idle speed up to about 1100 rpm's to prevent vibrations while motoring at idle speed, and even then I'd have to bump it up a bit at times.  Now all that is eliminatedn and I can idle at 800 rpm's with no vibration at all.  There's also a noticeable reduction in vibration at higher rpm's as well.

Mike