[C320-list] One sail only?

Bob and Karen Eichelberger bobnkaren1 at verizon.net
Tue May 27 13:00:07 PDT 2008

The headsail on the Catalina's are the more powerful sail.  With Hunter, for
instance, it is reversed due to the fractional rig and the large roach on
the main.  Using the headsail only gives much better performance, but to do
it easily while single handing, you really need an autohelm if you don't
have one.  It is also easier to reef if you are alone.

Bob
Second Wind  #67