[C320-list] AC Winterizing

Chuck and Kathy katchu at chartermi.net
Tue Nov 4 05:08:33 PST 2008

Jamie - I use a 5 gallon container that I got at West Marine. It has a valve
on the bottom, and I run a tube down to the inlet to the strainer.  After I
clean the strainer and drain the raw water from the engine lift muffler, I
connect the hose to the inlet and start the engine.  You can leave the tank
on the deck and watch the pink antifreeze run out, so you know that the
engine is getting coolant, and you can watch for pink in the exhaust.  I use
about 4 gallons, but that's probably more than necessary.  Then just shut
down the engine, close the valve, and reconnect the raw water line to the
strainer.

I don't have AC, but the refrigerator needs no service other than to run
antifreeze through the drain.

Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676

Message: 12