[C320-list] boom problems

Chris Descher cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Wed Nov 19 11:06:24 PST 2008

I very recently bought this boat and noticed that the sheaves in the
outboard end of the boom were not turning.  I loosened the reefing line and
the outhaul and pulled out the sheave axle and the four sheaves trying to
figure out what was wrong.  When all this is removed, the sheaves turn with
no problem.  The problem seems to be that, when installed, the sheave axle
is so short that the sheaves slide all the way to the front of the casting
where they bind.  Am I missing some parts or is there something else I need
to look at?

Chris Descher
Grand Lake, OK