[C320-list] a/c winterizing

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 06:17:53 PST 2008

Regarding the a/C winterizing:  I was told by the technician who installed
by A/C Heat unit to simply disconnect the exit line and blow out the water
until the water clears from the A/C unit and all of the lines exiting out
the intake or the line attached to the thru hull if the boat remains in the
water. Next, remove the A/C strainer/filer to remove the water and then pour
some antifreeze into the exit line and blow the antifreeze through the unit
to purge any remaining water and to ensure that the water is displaced. I
repeat this reverse antifreeze procedure to ensure that there is ample
antifreeze in the A/C unit and the pump. Seeing the strong color of the
antifreeze in the strainer is an indication the process was successful.

I completed this task for several years without problems when I start up the
unit in the spring.

Re engine winterization: I have learned that I only need 2 gallons of
antifreeze when I disconnect the intake line and place it in a bucket of
-100 degree antifreeze and pump the bucket dry having to run the engine for
only about 45 seconds...again successful over the years with no issues in
the spring

Rick
'
My-Ria 277