[C320-list] Engine Sound Proofing Insulation

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 5 14:59:28 PST 2008

Mr Updike:

I contacted Sailor Solutions today at the link you supplied, and they
confirmed that they ship to Canada. I intend to order now for a spring
pre-launch install. Could you confirm for me how many tiles you used,
whether the number is for both front and rear engine covers, and includes
the inside tops of each, and whether the adhesive is strong enough to stick
to the cover tops or if it is necessary to screw these in place?

Having done the install, did you find the effort worthwhile and that the
noise reduction was satisfactory? What did you use to clean the cover
interiors and prepare them for the tiles? Were the tiles sufficiently
flexible to adhere around the curved corners of the covers? Once installed,
do the covers still clear the engine external moving parts?

For this relief, much thanks.

Regards;

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too