[C320-list] A couple of winterizing tips...

Jamie Pett JPett at JP2ARCHITECTS.COM
Wed Nov 19 14:16:49 PST 2008

Yeah , yeah warm weather's great .....but in the lighthearted interest of defending my cold weather C-320 companions here on Chesapeake Bay (although the crew from Bella Luna and Beach House did go swimming in October)
I offer a draft list of top ten reasons for sailors liking cold weather-

10) All the boat stores in the area have sales
9) Way less growth on the bottom when the water is near freezing
8) You get to do all those projects you never get to when your sailing
7) It gets seriously windy in November - I mean seriously windy - (gale warnings in effect today)
6) Get to do cool races like the "Frigid Digit"
5) Transient slips ALWAYS available
4) Almost no crab pots to snag
3) Plenty of witty, backhanded barbs about warm weather locations from Don, Orlando and Bruce
2) A winterizing e-mail thread on the list goes on for days and days and days.....

And the number one reason......

1) Hot , mulled rum drinks!    :-)

Have a great Thanksgiving -
Jamie Pett