[C320-list] Davits Recomendations?

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat Nov 22 14:53:33 PST 2008

Bernie - At the Annapolis Boat Show in 2007, we spent a lot of time
comparing davits from one manufacturer to another.  From memory, we looked
at Garhauer, Forespar, Ocean Marine, Kato, and 1-2 others.  The one we
wanted was from Kato Marine in Annapolis, a local company.  However, they
held the boat show price only until the end of the show.  Ocean Marine (a
Canadian company) however held the price for a few months which is what we
needed before we could purchase.  OM also "worked" with us better on the
design side.  For example, we wanted "struts" from the top rail down to the
swim platform to better shore-up the rail from the weight of the dingy and
motor.  OM had the exact template for the C320 and the fit wound up being
spot-on.  At the end of the day, even though we could have found much less
expensive davits (such as from Garhauer), we went with OM and have been 100%
satisfied after one full season.  The only "problem" we have found is that
the weight pushes the transom under water creating slime on the gelcoat
above the bottom paint line.  So now the bottom of the transom resembles the
port side waterline.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD