[C320-list] Hull Striping

Martin Raphael mraphael at q.com
Sat Nov 22 20:16:39 PST 2008

Hi all -- some time ago I asked about replacing the hull stripes and got
some great information.  I ordered the stripes from Catalina Parts but now
I'm confused again.  In the earlier discussion, everyone mentioned how the
stripes were applied like a decal...over a mild soapy water solution and
using a squeegee to press out any bubbles.  But the Catalina person tells me
the material is more like a sticker -- you peel off the backing and apply
dry -- with no wiggle room or ability to adjust.  So has the material
changed since others did this...or what?  Has anyone applied this type of
stripe and have any advice before I begin?
Thanks,
Martin Raphael
Rhapsody #108