[C320-list] TopClimber and Beer

Melissa&Larry Leibman theleibmans at verizon.net
Fri Oct 10 13:11:05 PDT 2008

My 320 recently had an unfortunate meeting with a wake from a passing boat while in her slip. The wake caused damage to a number of boats at the marina and on my boat cleaned the masthead gear (Windex, VHF antenna, and possibly anchor light) from a strike with a neighboring boats spreader. I consider myself lucky that there appears to be no other damage to the boat or rig.

I was hoping to get up the mast this weekend to have a closer look and perform some repairs. While I do have a bosun's chair, I'd prefer to go up under my own power with a TopClimber. After having borrowed one from someone several times in the past, and seeing that Defender has them on sale now, I plan to go ahead and purchase my own. However, I was wondering if anyone in the area has one they could loan me for this weekend. I live in the Arnold/Severna Park, MD area. I would happily pay for the rental with a case of your preferred beer (preferably not Vielle Bon Secours which looks to go for about $1000/bottle).

Thanks,

Larry