[C320-list] water heater by-pass

Barbara Uhlman uhlman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 29 09:14:58 PDT 2008

We are at that point and wondering what to do next.

I see that West Marine has a by-pass kit for $30.  The limited description says that once you install it, you can simply turn it on and off in future years - no need to remove.
I've heard a number of people say they bought the kit and did not know what to do with it.

Questions

Have you installed the kit successfully?
If so, did you have to take the drawer frame out to install it?  (seems like the only way)
Has it worked well for you?
If not, other solutions?

We were standing on our heads last Sunday trying to see the outlets of the water heater and the lines running from them - Bob looking through from the galley side and me from the seacock door.  We had removed the drawers and passed the digital camera back and forth to get better angles to see what was there.

Also, has anyone seen the movie Morning Light?  If so, what did you think of it?  We are not a coastal city so may not get it.  Bob is in LA this week and might get the chance to see it there.

Thanks again for your help.

Barb & Bob Uhlman
"Whisper"