[C320-list] Mainsail Hard to Raise/Lower

Mon Oct 13 17:14:33 PDT 2008

I certainly love mine...
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Len [aqua5len at gmail.com]
Sent: 10/13/2008 04:28 PM
To: C320-List at catalina320.com
Cc: "Henderson, David" <dhender at allstate.com>;c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Mainsail Hard to Raise/Lower

My concerns over several potential problems inherent with the in-mast
furling system led me to research the in-boom furling system.  When I bought
#1070 new in October 2005 I had Catalina change out the in-mast furling
system /mast to an in-boom furling system.  Boat was commissioned and
sailing by mid-Jan '06.  Works like a charm, and you have a full roach with
normal battens.  If the in-boom furler were ever to jam (has never occurred)
you can always just lower the main.  I've never understood why more owners
do not opt for the in-boom system.
Len Krane
AQUA5   #1070