[C320-list] Cooking Aboard (from Blue Water Sailing articlelink)

Chef Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Fri Oct 17 20:29:46 PDT 2008

Don't focus on the menu.  Focus on the techniques.  (Kind of the same thing
I teach my students.)

By the way, remember that a number of different dishes are really better
then next day after the flavors blend:  cheesecake, gumbo, potato salad are
some examples right off the tip of my tongue.  Some things like baked
potatoes, French fries, rice, really aren't quite as good the next day.

Some things are easy (roast beef), some are labor and pot intensive such as
coq au vin (which tastes great the next day by the way.)

Use these sort of things in your planning.  What works ahead, what doesn't.

Remember, in a restaurant your dinner is not made from scratch when you
order it.  Planning, preparation and presentation are all involved.

Adam