[C320-list] Head Stinks!

Tue Oct 21 07:46:29 PDT 2008

Kit,

Funny enough on reading instrucutions...soon after I bought #112 in 1994,
the pump started to develop cracks at the point where it bolts on to the
base....I called Jabsco and the first question they asked was 'what type
of cleaning products was I using?'...I told them I used Lysol Bathroon
Cleaner and Disinfectant--regular store bought stuff...Their comment was
that I should not use any of those 'harsh chemicals' on the pump as it
would initiate a breakdown of the plastic....Their recommendation to me
was the same as to you, use dish washing soap in hot water..I still swear
it wasnt on their instructions! :)

End result was good though, they told me to send in the pump and they
would send me a new one, free of charge and they would pay for the
shipping as well..

OD

             CMKIT1 at cs.com
             Sent by:
             c320-list-bounce                                          To
             s at lists.catalina         C320-List at Catalina320.com
             320.com                                                   cc

                                                                  Subject
             10/21/2008 06:01         Re: [C320-list] Head Stinks!
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

John
I had the same problem. It is caused by using chlorine products to clean
the
head. Fix is a new pump or rebuild. Jabisco sent me a new pump gratis
which
impressed me on the product support. The tech guys explained the chlorine
attacks the rubber in the valves. As Orlando says I should have read the
instructions which do tell you not to use chlorine products. They
reccommend using dish
washing soap which works fine.
Kit Carson