[C320-list] Oil filter

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Mon Oct 27 16:39:57 PDT 2008

Yes you have the correct filter.

The 119305-35151 is smaller than the 119660-35150 that it replaced.

There are many after-market filters that fit, however, I'd be wary of
using the FRAM PH3593A or PureOne L14459 as they have lower burst pressure
ratings (250 psi instead of 325 psi) and a lower bypass setting (10 psi
rather than 16 psi).
On the other hand, the WIX 51064 and NAPA 1064 are reported to have the
same specs as the Yanmar filters (which are probably made by WIX anyway).

BTW, if you need a good source for Yanmar parts, I recommend Bay Shore
Marine Engines. Reasonable prices and shipping costs. They were an
exhibiting vendor at our Meeting/Regatta in Annapolis. For example, their
price on the above oil filter is $ 6.12. It may or may not ever make a
difference, but I am not inclined to save a dollar or two (here) by using
an "inferior" FRAM.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690