[C320-list] Hurricane Ike spares Amore

Chris Block chris_block at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 18:26:10 PDT 2008

I was able to get to see my boat today in the aftermath of Ike, but not able
to board her.  While she looks fine, the Admiral is concerned with the
damage that may not be obvious.  This brings up a few questions:

Has anyone been through a hurricane and went through the claims process
whether it be through FEMA, insurance, or whatever?  Are there any tips and
advice you can share with us?  Is there a checklist of things to do to make
sure she's OK?  Do the insurance adjusters really know what to look for?
Would it be prudent to enlist the help of a pro surveyor?

Thanks in advance,

Chris and Corey Block
Amore #139