[C320-list] ST 4000 help....again...

Bill MacRae seacalling at msn.com
Tue Sep 9 12:14:35 PDT 2008

Jon,

I had to move the engine pod down about 1/2 inch, because the MKII is slightly larger in diameter.  I also tried using the motor on the opposite side and it seemed flimsy.  I ended up making an aluminum backing plate and machined a new slot in the plastic about 90 degrees to the motor.  I used the backing plate because the wheel pilot only has 2 position options that are reinforced. The motor doesn't interfere with anything and it is more ridged than when I had it on the other side.  You will also have to swap out the stop that mounts on your pedestal to prevent everything from spinning.  That’s just a matter of unscrewing the old one and putting the new one on, using the same hole pattern.  The redesigned MKII is much better design than the original.

Bill