[C320-list] Exhaust Mixing Elbow

Paul Rickman ilove2sail at verizon.net
Thu Sep 11 13:24:13 PDT 2008

Thanks Jon.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jon Vez <jonvez at comcast.net>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:58:32 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Exhaust Mixing Elbow

Paul,

I've been down this road...Catalina made these custom elbows (according to
Catalina) to get an optimum angle to the mufflers. That's why you need to
return your original to get a new one.
A couple of seasons ago (I also have a '99) I thought I needed a new one so
I went to a local Yanmar dealer to look into changing to a standard Yanmar
setup. It turns out all I needed to do is clean the elbow and it turned out
to be fine so I didn't need to replace. However, when it comes time I will
go the standard route. The trick is making sure you know the exact angle of
your current elbow so you can set the Yanmar exhaust the same way. It is
quite adjustable, but shouldn't be a problem. The whole Yanmar setup will
cost around $500-$600 as you will have to change out everything from the
engine base out. This entails 3 pieces....hope this helps, but if you need
more info. Just let me know...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice 582