[C320-list] exhaust mixing elbow

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 17:12:57 PDT 2008

We have about an hour run to get downriver and out of Portsmouth
harbor to offshore.  We run at 2400 for fuel economy, 3000 if we have
to hustle to make the bridge openings.  3200 is the continuous max
rating for our Yanmar 3GM30F.  Once or twice a year, I run WOT (3600
rpm; coincides with the one hour engine rating) for about 15 minutes.
Never had 'smoke' issues, however our engine only has about 300 hours
on it.  Engine temps range from 160 to 180 degrees farenheit under
those respective conditions.

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906