[C320-list] Leaking portlight

Bill MacRae seacalling at msn.com
Mon Apr 13 06:47:17 PDT 2009

Gasket replacement update.

They are the right gaskets for hull 531.  I installed 2 of them yesterday.  Follow the installation instructions supplied and you shouldn't have a problem.  One thing that I would add is to gently stretch the gasket before you install so it doesn't pull out of the corners.  You will understand when you try to dry fit it.  The hardest part is removing the old silicone sealant.  I found a plastic fork works well to remove the old sealant from the groove and doesn't damage the anodizing.  I would suggest replacing the o-rings as you have to loosen the latches to accommodate the new gasket.

Bill