[C320-list] 3 Blade Prop needed

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Mon Apr 13 15:42:58 PDT 2009

John,

My 3-Blade "Autoprop" works fantastic on Dawn Treader.  Under sail the
blades line up with the flow of water causing minimal drag.  Other
items of note:

* The pitch adjusts automatically based on the speed and RPM.  No
fiddling with settings or such.
* I hit max speed at a lower RPM - better fuel economy.
* No prop walk.

BTW - Maximum speed on Dawn Treader was at 13.1 knots in 25 knots of
wind surfing waves with a large cruising spinnaker.  The ride was
breath taking.  We have hit 11 knots many times with the full racing
spinnaker and less frantic winds.

Best Regards,
Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"