[C320-list] galley and head faucet

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Wed Apr 15 10:21:33 PDT 2009

I would consider upgrading the faucet in the kitchen.  See the email below.
I changed mine and save water since it has only 1 valva.

"I upgraded my 320 galley faucet today with what appears to be the same one
now used on the MKII."

"I checked out the Moen web site, and it looks like model 67315 is what
Catalina is now using.  After searching the web, I found out that Lowes
Hardware carried that model, so I went to the store to check it out.  They
only had the model 87315, but it looked identical to what I had seen on the
web and looks just like the one in the 320 galley photograph on our web
site.  I purchased it for about $80."

"I spent the afternoon on the project - most of the time was spent shopping
for the faucet and the water hoses that I had to purchase.  After removing
the drawers and cabinet below the sink (5 screws), I disconnected the two
water feed hoses, and used a basin wrench (~$20) to remove the original
faucet.  A pair of channel lock pliers probably would have worked too, but
the basin wrench really made it easy.  Actual work time was probably only
around an hour."

"I bought two 12-inch water feed hoses with a 3/8 fitting on one side, and
1/2 on the other.  The original hoses had 3/8 fittings on both ends - the
new faucet has 1/2 inch fittings."

"It looks and works great!"

"Ray Durand, Bellezza #822
Marina del Rey"