[C320-list] Battery Isolation

Jeff Church jc387 at att.net
Fri Apr 17 19:35:09 PDT 2009

Bob,

Me too. That's why I thought as soon as the combiner closes, current
from both the charger and starting battery would flow through the house
batteries until the resistance of the house bank increased.

What would happen if there was a shorted cell in the house bank? With a
combiner couldn't the starting battery discharge thru the shorted house
battery?

I was also told by the guys at Charles that since the discharged house
batteries present the least resistance, most of the bulk and absorption
charge will flow thru them, so the smaller starting battery will not
over charge.

Jeff