[C320-list] anchor chain

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sat Apr 18 10:20:14 PDT 2009

Jim

I use 60' of 5/16 BBB heavy chain. We anchor in 15 to 65 feet.In shallower
anchorages the 60' is perfect but I never leave chain on the bow roller so
the minimum rode I use is usually around 70'.

The size and weight of the chain is significant. 1/4" standard chain is much
lighter so more is required perhaps to get the same degree of holding power.

Kirk