[C320-list] Changing seawater pump impeller - how much water?

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 12:11:51 PDT 2009

Martin-I have hull 894 with a Yanmar 3GM30F engine.  The sea water pump has
two hoses attached to it.  One comes from the thru hull and one goes to the
heat exchanger.  I believe your sea water pump has a similar set up.  I just
remove the pump from the two hoses and change the impeller from a
comfortable location.  Just close the sea water thru hull and plug the hose
going to the heat echanger.  Then you can spend as much time as you want
changing the impeller with less than a cupfull of water to deal with.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894