[C320-list] Engine Instrument Pod Move

Jeff Church jc387 at att.net
Sat Apr 25 22:20:58 PDT 2009

Don,

My hull number was 60 ahead of yours so the following assumes I had the
same pod as yours.

First remove the wheel. Then there are a few (4?) Phillips screws that
attach the instrument panel to the pod. Remove the panel. There are 2
bolts that extend into the pod and fasten it to the pedestal. I think
the bolts are somehow held captive inside the pedestal because when I
removed the nuts inside the pod, the bolts did not fall into the
pedestal. In any case, be careful when you remove the nuts. There is a
big glob of caulk around the curved piece of tubing at the starboard aft
corner of the pod. Cut away enough of the caulk to enable the pod to
slide on the tube. There is more caulk (5200?) between the pod and
pedestal in the area of the 2 bolts so you will have to gently pry the
pod off the pedestal. Move the pod away just far enough to drill 2 new
holes in it above the existing holes, and put it all back together.

Good Luck.

JeffC