[C320-list] Prop Shaft Removal

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 14:31:40 PDT 2009

That is the best way.  But if you have time and patience you can try two things after you remove the set screws from the coupler.  1) spray some lubricant in the set screw holes then put some tape around the shaft outside the boat and grip it with a large vice grips and tap grips with a hammer. If your real lucky it might back out.  This method is usually only an emergency method if shaft accidently backs out while in the water. 2) remove the bolts holding the coupler together and separate the coupler.  Then using a socket with a smaller diameter than the shaft place it between the two sections and using a series of nuts and bolts retighten the sections until the shaft pops free.