[C320-list] Used Boat Review

Chef Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Mon Apr 27 16:42:37 PDT 2009

The 13 knots on my boat was with a current.  Our boats can't be towed at 13
knots.  The bow would go under.  I've been on a boat that started
submarining: it wasn't pretty.

All the power to you I guess.  I've been in winds consistently over 25 knots
and never hit speeds like that. All these years I thought I had a
displacement hull, not a hull designed to plane.

Obviously I just am not as focused.

I guess I have one more question before I surrender.  Was the 13 knots speed
over the bottom (GPS) or speed through the water (knot meter)?

The time my boat hit 13 knots under sail (GPS reading) was during a broach
with spinnaker up.  That was at night, and you could see the keel from the
steering wheel.  Even less fun then starting to submarine.

Adam