[C320-list] Latest adventure with docking

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Fri Aug 7 21:08:58 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I read and took to heart EVERY post on my docking issue.  I just wanted everyone to know what happened on my second time out, and to thank them for replying.

I took the kids out with their cousins, as my wife is on vacation with her sisters.  I was aprehensive about it.  Two weeks ago was a fiasco.

I put the snubber back on, and told myself I could figure this out.  We got back and I did three dry runs in the creek.

THE BOAT CAN TURN TO PORT GOING BACKWARDS!

After the practice I dropped it into the slip, on the first try.  No panic, no fending, nothing.

I got the boat speed up in reverse, put the transmission  in neutral, and was able to turn.  I think the prop was working against me and having it not turning while I was turning the boat made the difference.

We had a great two hours just outside Middle River and the kids think I am "so cool" for taking them out.  I am so cool either way..... Now that I can dock my boat.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD