[C320-list] Knot meter cleaning.... In water?

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 18:00:21 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Well the Chesapeake has already claimed it first victim on my boat.  The paddle wheel for the knot meter stopped turning.  I was thinking I could dive on the boat in shallow water (would have to buy a mask, etc)
OR possibly pulling the knot meter while its in the water....  (of course plugging the hole for a bit.

Any thoughts on this, besides "be careful not to sink" ?

If its possible and does the water just drain to the bilge?

Thanks for any guidance.....

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006