[C320-list] LED light replacment - logistics

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 04:03:19 PDT 2009

I have been following the recent thread on the LED light replacements and I think the "what is the best light" topic is fully vetted.  I did want to do this upgrade especially with a 3 day overnight coming up.  When I started tearing into one of the lamps, I didn't quite find what I thought I would see.  It LOOKs like the reflector is part of the lamp and you only replace the bulb?  This at least on the main cabin 16s.  The pictures of the replacment show that they ship an entire cone.  So I am not seeing how goes together....  Did I not take it apart enough?  Then upon further inspection, it looks like bulb is set with two wires, not sure how those wires would be held in there....

Any feedback on this from those who have done the LED upgrade?  Anyone have any pictures on the website?

Thanks again for all the help so far, slowing beginning to understand this boat.  :)

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD