[C320-list] Mast Step Water Leak

Bryan Morton bryanmorton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:16:05 PDT 2009

I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue or has any ideas on how to fix
it.   We have hull number 32.   Every time it rains water streams down the
compression post under the deck step.   I had a marine surveyor look at
it.   He detected high moisture readings in the deck in front on the mast.
He suspected that the 320 has a marine ply core in this area (can anyone
confirm this?).   I am planning to remove the mast at near the end of the
season to try and figure out where the water is getting in.   Any advice
would be appreciated.