[C320-list] Windlass Overide

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Aug 11 21:04:37 PDT 2009

I've been out of town and so am late to reply.  But if you still need
help look at page 17 of the manual I put on the web site:

http://www.catalina320.com/filemgmt_data/files/Maxwell%20VW500%20Anchor%20Winch%20manual.pdf

Look for the instructions labeled "lowering the anchor under manual
control" for instructions on how to release the clutch.  This will only
work if you still own the control lever that came with the windlass.  It
is a plain aluminum bar.  You may also find useful the exploded view on
page 26.  The lever is part number 40.

I keep the lever in the anchor locker on the end of a light line
attached to the cleat so it's always handy for such occasions.

Scott

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653