[C320-list] Mast blocks reprise

Martin Bayly mbayly at telus.net
Mon Aug 17 09:45:36 PDT 2009

Can you clarify how the mast blocks are supposed to turn freely?  Did you
mean the SS stud and nut are supposed to be able to turn together in the
mast step, or that the SS stud must be able to turn in the threads of the
nut?

I checked mine this weekend and a couple of them were a bit tight so I
unscrewed and greased etc.  But I couldn't see how the stud and nut could
turn together once fitted.   Also if they could then I couldn't see how
you'd be able to undo the stud.

So my assumption is that you are supposed to screw the stud into the nut
then back it off a half turn or so to give it a bit of freedom to swivel?
But that would seem like it's going to put pressure on the threads?

Anyway, thanks for the tip and for any additional input you can give.

Cheers
Martin
Serendipity #1023