[C320-list] Engine oil usage

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Tue Aug 25 04:11:14 PDT 2009

Ed,

My Yanmar manual calls for a multi-viscosity oil, specifically 15W40.
Are you really using Chevron Delo 100 30W?

I suggest you try Chevron Delo 400 15W40, Shell Rotella 15W40, or the
Mobil Delvac 1300 15W40 at your next oil change.

You may also want to invest in oil analysis. I happen to use this
outfit....
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
It's not too expensive and might give me an early indication of a problem.

I am at just about 1000 engine hours and see nothing like the oil burn you
describe (yet).

Let us know how you make out.

Karl Mielenhausen
Hull 690