[C320-list] dreaded winterization

wflowe3 at netscape.net wflowe3 at netscape.net
Mon Aug 31 08:31:39 PDT 2009

 Since this will be my first experience at winterizing a 320, I'm not sure yet where I'll start blowing lines. On my Beneteau, I disconnected both lines on the fresh water pump and blew the water in the intake line back into the water tank. This left a small amount of water in the tank but since the outlet in the tank was a couple of inches above the tank bottom, the line stayed dry. As long as the tank only had a little water, I never had any problems even if it did freeze ( it probably never froze because the aerator under the boat kept ice from forming around the hull and the bottom of the tank was below the water line).? I then used the compressor to blow out the water pump discharge lines going to the faucets.? The compressor I use is a small Sears compressor used to keep air in my car tires.

The shop vac idea sounds good too. That way you could either blow or suck the lines dry.