[C320-list] 1995 C320 Aqua Lift Muffler & Elbow

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 11:06:04 PST 2009

Rollie, my 1995 (249) has a westerbeke engine but I assume the same muffler was used.  Mine also had no screw at the aft port quarter probably since the area is difficult to get to.  The lack of the screw should have no bearing on a leak since the lip of the muffler is solid glass.  The actual enclosed box is the muffler.  Mine developed a leak under the intake neck closest to the engine after 12 years.  The water can run down and end up most anywhere.  Check under both inlets while the engine is running to see if you can feel water.  Vibration over the years is probably the cause

If you need to replace the muffler thru Catalina send the old one back and not just a picture.  I ordered a new one and the height and inlet angles were quite different even tho they said I should just send a photo.

Pat R.