[C320-list] cold weather sail: a few pics

Kevin onedrop7 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 20:09:57 PST 2009

Yep, I might be a bit deranged, but honestly Sunday was not as challenging as the snow and ice in the photos might suggest. I was dressed warmly, the sun was out and the wind was a steady 10-12 the whole afternoon. I was never the least bit uncomfortable. On the contrary, I was grinning the whole time, feeling like I was stealing one back from "the man" (not sure which man exactly, but surely there's some nasty winter man who thinks I should put my boat away for the winter).

But, yeah, Warren, given the option I prefer the BVIs in the winter, too! I've done several charters down there and (no offense to West Virginia) it's "almost heaven" for a sailor. Bareboat only, though. It might be the control freak in me that can't pay for someone else to be "captain."

But on Sunday the only option available was the Chesapeake Bay, and I'd rather sail in the cold than sit on the sofa. So I did. :-)

Kevin