[C320-list] Water Impeller

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 07:46:18 PST 2009

I change Sea Shadow's sea water impellor every year.  A broken vane either
getting stuck in the hose going to the heat exchanger or, worse yet, getting
into the heat exchanger is not fun to remove.  And if the water pump runs
dry for even a minute or two, I immediately change it out.  I also keep
several spares on board.

Many remove the impellor during the winter so it won't dry out.  I have
never done this, preferring instead just to change it out in the spring.  It
does not take long to do and also serves as a reminder to check the entire
system for leaks.  That is how I once discovered that the sea water pump
needed replacement.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Herrington Harbour South